Grantmaking Focus Area
The Gamble Foundation prioritizes organizations that focus on:
- Environmental and agricultural programs that promote a deeper collaboration between the management approaches of conservation and preservation. We seek programs that use both of these management approaches toward land stewardship on publicly and privately conserved and managed lands.
- The foundation will fund general operating support, but has a special interest in helping organizations to develop their sustainability.
- The foundation supports organizations that measure the effectiveness of their services.
- The foundation supports 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations serving the residents of San Francisco Bay Area counties.
- In general, the foundation does not support annual appeals, religious entities, medical research, individuals, or endowments.
Please download the following reports to review the foundation’s recent grantmaking history, but be aware that in the fall of 2016, the foundation’s grantmaking committee changed its grantmaking program. As a result, the organizations listed in the Annual Grants Lists below have no correlation with the grantees that will be selected in 2017 and beyond.